|Odds with 1|
|Odds with 15|
|Odds with 60|
|Scratch & Match Winning Number Game:|
|$50,000 Cash Package||1||1:25,704,000||1:2,142,000||1:535,500||$50,000|
|$10,000 Family Vacation Package||1||1:25,704,000||1:2,142,000||1:535,500||$10,000|
|$5,000 TRX 4-Wheeler Package||2||1:12,852,000||1:1,071,000||1:267,750||$10,000|
|$2,500 MacBook Pro Package||5||1:5,140,800||1:428,400||1:107,100||$12,500|
|$1,000 fred's smartbucks™||10||1:2,570,400||1:214,200||1:53,550||$10,000|
|$500 iPad Air™||20||1:1,285,200||1:107,100||1:26,775||$10,000|
|$250 Kindle Fire HDX 7"||40||1:642,600||1:53,550||1:13,388||$10,000|
|$100 fred's smartbucks™||75||1:342,720||1:28,560||1:7,140||$7,500|
|$50 fred's smartbucks™||400||1:64,260||1:5,355||1:1,339||$20,000|
|$5 fred's Treasure Token||5,000||1:5,141||1:428||1:107||$25,000|
|$4 fred's Treasure Token||6,000||1:4,284||1:357||1:89||$24,000|
|$3 fred's Treasure Token||8,000||1:3,213||1:268||1:67||$24,000|
|$2 fred's Treasure Token||25,000||1:1,028||1:86||1:21||$50,000|
|$1 fred's Treasure Token||110,000||1:234||1:19||1:5||$110,000|
|One (1) FREE Game Ticket||3,000,000||1:9||1:1||1:0||$0|
|Online Code Game:|
|$25,000 Cash Package||1||1:25,704,000||1:2,142,000||1:535,500||$25,000|
|$5,000 fred's smartbucks™ Shopping Spree||3||1:8,568,000||1:714,000||1:178,500||$15,000|
|$2,500 MacBook Pro Package||10||1:2,570,400||1:214,200||1:53,550||$25,000|
|$1,000 fred's smartbucks™||50||1:514,080||1:42,840||1:10,710||$50,000|
|$500 iPad Air™||100||1:257,040||1:21,420||1:5,355||$50,000|
|$250 Kindle Fire HDX 7"||200||1:128,520||1:10,710||1:2,678||$50,000|
|$100 fred's smartbucks™||1,000||1:25,704||1:2,142||1:536||$100,000|
|$50 fred's smartbucks™||4,000||1:6,426||1:536||1:134||$200,000|
|Two (2) FREE Game Tickets||2,700,000||1:10||1:0.8||1:0.2||$0|
|Instant Win Game:|
|$250 Kindle Fire HDX 7"||30||1:856,800||1:71,400||1:17,850||$7,500|
|$100 fred's smartbucks™||100||1:257,040||1:21,420||1:5,355||$10,000|
|$50 fred's smartbucks™||600||1:42,840||1:3,570||1:893||$30,000|
|Two (2) $500 Sweepstakes prizes will be held each week from all sweepstakes entries received, for a total of twenty two (22) prizes with a total prize value of $11,000. Odds are dependent on the number of entries received.|
|* Instant winner/free product prizes. There are 57 different Instant Winner/Free products with a value between 25¢ to $15.00 with an average value of $1.91.|
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PLAY: To participate in this promotion, receive a free game ticket each time you make a purchase, excluding tobacco or alcohol products or other products excluded by law, at any participating fred's store while game ticket supplies last. You will also receive a Bonus game ticket each time you purchase any participating “Bonus” game ticket item, while supplies last, at any participating fred's store. The total quantity of game tickets to be received will be specified on your receipt. Game tickets will only be awarded during the transaction in which they were earned. Customers are limited to three (3) transactions per hour. fred's reserves the right to limit quantities purchased of any item by a customer. Receive one “Bonus” game ticket with each purchase of a participating product (specific sizes and flavors will apply). See register #1 for complete listing of “Bonus” game ticket products. “Bonus” game ticket products may be changed (variety and size), new products added or products deleted during the course of the promotion at the sole and final discretion of fred's. As the game progresses, some stores may run out of game tickets before others. ALTERNATE ENTRY METHOD: Receive a FREE game ticket plus one bonus game ticket by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to fred's EXPLORE THE STORE Game Ticket Request, Attn: Promotions Coordinator, P.O. Box 965905, Marietta, GA 30066. Mail-in requests, including both outer envelope and SASE, must be handwritten and must be postmarked no sooner than July 21, 2014 and must be postmarked no later than October 4, 2014, and received by October 11, 2014, while supplies last. Each request must be sent in a separate stamped outer mailing envelope with the requestor’s first and last name, street address, city, state and zip or postal code (name and address must match the return name and address on SASE) legibly handwritten in the upper left hand corner of the outer envelope. Requests that are sent in business reply envelopes, that utilize address labels or stickers, that are photocopied, hand-stamped, computer-generated or otherwise mechanically or digitally produced or reproduced, that are not mailed in separate outer stamped mailing envelopes, or that otherwise fail to comply with these Official Rules will NOT be honored, acknowledged or returned, and the persons submitting such requests will forfeit any corresponding postage and unused envelopes. Customers who return “Bonus” products that they receive game tickets for must return unscratched game tickets to receive refund or product must be exchanged for identical product. Ways to earn additional “Bonus” game tickets may be added during the course of the promotion at the sole and absolute discretion of fred's. To be eligible to win a prize, Customer must be at least 18 years of age and a legal U. S. resident of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee or Texas. Resident, for this promotion, is defined as a person who physically visits a store in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee or Texas. Someone who does not permanently reside in one of the participating states may need to prove residency as defined in this promotion to be awarded a prize. All currently employed Team Members of fred's (and its affiliates), including the Distribution Centers, and the Store Support Center and Regional Offices including all members of the household, any persons living in the same household of a Team Member whether related or not, dependents and/or minor children of any Team Members including dependents in the military or attending college living away from home, are not eligible to play and redeem any prize. A separate fred's EXPLORE THE STORE™ Scratch & Win Team Member Game will be occurring simultaneously and Team Members may participate in that game only. By participating in this Promotion, all participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and agree that the decisions of the Sponsor (fred's) will be valid and binding in all respects. Sponsor not responsible for late, stolen, lost, postage due, misdirected mail or incomplete or illegible entries. Participants assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay and misdirection of Prize Claim Materials and are advised to obtain insurance where appropriate. Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion may engage various third parties to administer various aspects of the Game on its behalf.
2. TO PLAY: Scratch off ALL four (4) matching number squares and the Winning Number. If the Winning Number matches any of the four revealed numbers, this is a potential winner of the prize indicated below the matching number in the box. Scratch off the Instant Play Box to reveal an instant prize or a sweepstakes entry. To play the Online Game, see Rule #5 for details to use the online code on your game ticket. fred's reserves the right, at its sole and final discretion, to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the game ticket or the Online entry process or otherwise attempts to defraud fred's; violates these Official Rules and Regulations; or acts in a disruptive or inappropriate manner, or with intent to annoy, disrupt, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or fred's.
3. TO WIN: The following prizes are available in this game: In the Match & Win game: $50,000 Cash Package, see Rule #7 for additional details; $10,000 Family Vacation Package, see Rule #7 for additional details; $5,000 TRX-250X 4-Wheeler Package, see Rule #7 for additional details; $2,500 15" MacBook® Pro Package, see Rule #7 for additional details; $1,000 fred's smartbucks™; $500 iPad Air™ Package, see Rule #7 for additional details; $250 Kindle Fire HDX 7", see Rule #7 for additional details; $100 fred's smartbucks™; $50 fred's smartbucks™; $5 fred's Treasure Token, see Rule #7 for additional details; $4 fred's Treasure Token, see Rule #7 for additional details; $3 fred's Treasure Token, see Rule #7 for additional details; $2 fred's Treasure Token, see Rule #7 for additional details; $1 fred's Treasure Token, see Rule #7 for additional details and Free Product prizes are collectively referred to in the Official Rules as “Major Prizes.” In the "Instant Play Box" the prizes are: $1,000 Cash; $250 Kindle Fire HDX 7", see Rule #7 for additional details; $100 fred's smartbucks™; $50 fred's smartbucks™ and Free Product Prizes are collectively referred to in the Official Rules as “Instant Win Prizes.” To win one of the Major Prizes, subject to verification, simply match one of the four (4) squares to the Winning Number and the prize will be shown under the matching number. To win one of the Instant Win Prizes, the prize will be revealed in the box. Only one winner per game ticket section will be accepted. However, as long as all the rules are followed, there is no limit to the number of times a Customer may be a Major Prize or Instant Prize winner during the course of the promotion. Prizes cannot be transferred or substituted except at the Sponsor’s discretion, due to availability. Expenses not expressly stated are the sole responsibility of the winner. Game ticket is not a winner of any prize until your official game ticket has been verified by the official judging agency or at a participating store, whichever is applicable. See Rule #5 for details on the Online Game. There is a total of one hundred fifty four thousand five hundred fifty four (154,554) Major Prizes ranging from $50,000 Cash Package to $1 fred's Treasure Token with a total ARV of $373,000. There is a total of seven hundred and thirty five Instant Win Prizes ranging from $1,000 Cash to $50 fred's smartbucks™ with a total ARV of $52,500. There is a total of three hundred one thousand and one hundred (301,100) Free Product prizes consisting of 57 Instant Winner Free Product offers with ARVs ranging from 25¢ to $15.00 with an average of $1.91 for a total ARV of $575,101. The total of all Instant Win Prizes is $627,601. There is a total of five thousand three hundred sixty four (5,364) Major Online prizes ranging from $25,000 Cash Package to $50 fred's smartbucks™ with a total ARV of $515,000. There is a total of three million (3,000,000) one (1) Free Game Ticket prizes and a total of two million seven hundred thousand (2,700,000) two (2) free game ticket prizes with no value. There are also twenty two (22) Sweepstakes prizes with a total ARV of $11,000. The total value of all prizes is $1,526,601.
4. TO CLAIM A PRIZE: Only original promotion materials with Series FRE-04 are accepted. Any facsimiles, copies and/or reproductions are void for the Customer promotion. No “Team Member” promotion materials may be used in the Customer promotion. Potential Free Product Prize winners should take their game ticket to any participating store to the cashier for redemption. Some Free Product items may not be available in all stores. If one of the numbers matches the Winning Number, potential winners must initial in cursive writing in the upper right corner of the game ticket, print name, contact phone number, store number and sign full legal signature on the back of the game ticket in the space provided. Potential Major Prize winners of $1-$5 fred's Treasure Token prizes must present the potential winning game ticket to an authorized fred's store representative, who may verify and award the prize at the store once the Low Level Prize form has been completed. Potential Major Prize winners of $50 or greater must complete a High Level Prize form obtained from an authorized fred's store representative who will also provide an envelope to be used to submit to the Verification Center. The Customer is solely responsible for mailing the potential winning game ticket and the prize form to the official judging agency (CPS, Inc., Kennesaw, GA) by the stated Prize Submission Post Marked date of October 18, 2014 and must be received by October 25, 2014 for verification at the proper address stated on prize submission form. Sponsor is not responsible for late, stolen, lost, postage due, misdirected mail, undeliverable mail, or incomplete or illegible entries. Participants assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay and misdirection of Prize Claim materials and are advised to obtain insurance where appropriate. The Verification Center will notify the potential winner of the official judging agency’s decision within twenty-one (21) days after receipt of the prize claim materials from the potential winner. We recommend you keep a copy of your High Level Prize Form and submitted game ticket for your files before you submit them because once materials are submitted they become the property of the sponsor and will not be returned. Once the submitted prize claim has been verified as a winner by the Sponsor, the prize will be awarded. Each Participant acknowledges and agrees that the decisions of Sponsor shall be final, binding and conclusive in all matters relating to the Game, including without limitation determinations regarding the validity of Game Tickets and other Prize Claim Materials submitted for verification.
6. SECOND CHANCE DRAWING: If the $50,000 Cash Package Prize, as described in Rule #3, is not claimed by October 25, 2014, a random drawing will take place on or about October 31, 2014 from all Customers who received a Sweepstakes entry and sent it into the address shown on the entry form. The Sweepstakes entry must be postmarked no later than October 18, 2014 and must be received by October 25, 2014. Only (1) $50,000 Cash Package Prize is guaranteed; therefore, the second chance drawing will take place only if the $50,000 prize is not claimed in fred's Explore the Store™ Scratch & Win Game. Potential winner if applicable will be contacted based on the information provided, if this information is not complete or the person does not respond within seven (7) days after a certified letter is sent to the address provided on the Sweepstakes entry, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate will be drawn. Odds of winning the Second Chance drawing, if applicable, depends on the number of entries received. Prize cannot be transferred or substituted, except at the sponsor's discretion.
7. NOTICE: VOID IN PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND IN ANY COUNTRY EXCEPT THE UNITED STATES, AND VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, fred's RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR ANY OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. This Promotion is void where prohibited and taxed by law. Entry into the Promotion, where lawful, constitutes permission to use name, voice, photograph or likeness of prize winners for advertising/publicity purposes without additional compensation. Major Prize winners will be obligated to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, Indemnification Agreement and, where lawful, a publicity release within ten (10) days of notification by Sponsor. In the event of non-compliance by a Major Prize winner or if prize is returned as non-deliverable, the prize will be forfeited and will not be awarded. All FREE Product Prize game tickets and all promotional materials submitted for verification, become the property of the Promotion Sponsor and will not be returned. All tax liability on all prizes is solely the responsibility of the prize winner. The prize winner will receive a 1099 if the prize value is over $600. Sponsor may, at its sole and absolute discretion, award any and all prizes to the winner as a check in the amount of the stated retail value of the prize to be allocated as follows: The $50,000 Cash Package winner will receive a check for $49,000 and $1,000 fred's smartbucks™. The $10,000 Family Vacation Package winner will receive a check for $10,000 and $500 fred's smartbucks™. The $5,000 TRX-250X 4-Wheeler Package winner may choose the cash equivalent of $5,000 in place of the predetermined 4-Wheeler prize and will also receive $250 fred's smartbucks™. The $2,500 15" MacBook® Pro Package winner may choose the cash equivalent of $2,500 in place of the predetermined computer prize and will also receive $100 fred's smartbucks™. The $1,000 fred's smartbucks™ winner will receive $1,000 in fred's smartbucks™. The $500 iPad Air™ Package winner may choose the cash equivalent of $500 in place of the predetermined iPad prize. The $100 and $50 fred's smartbucks™ winner will receive fred's smartbucks™ for the value of the prize. The $5, $4, $3, $2 and $1 fred's Treasure Token winners will receive that amount in merchandise in one purchase with no cash back. The Treasure Token is not valid on beer, tobacco, pre-paid products or prescriptions, where available. Any fred's smartbucks™ prize will require the winner to have a smartcard number. If the potential winner does not have a fred's smartcard, see the Store Manager to obtain this fred's smartcard. Also, any fred's smartbucks™ prize cannot be exchanged for cash and no cash will be given back. Any non-food product (or its affiliated company) depicted in the prize package or on the game tickets or other game materials are not sponsors nor affiliated with this promotion in any way. Apple iPad™ and MacBook® Pro are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc. By accepting prize, winners release and agree to defend, hold harmless and indemnify fred's sponsoring and participating corporations, their attorneys, affiliated companies, franchises, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, and employees, representatives, and agents from any and all liabilities for any injuries, losses, or damages, including death, and property arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Promotion, or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize. Prizes cannot be substituted or transferred except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor due to availability. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE GAME ENTITIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations as between Participant and the Game Entities in connection with the Game shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Tennessee including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s or jurisdiction’s laws. Participants agree that All “Parties” involved in promotion are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Disputes: Except where expressly prohibited by law, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Game or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, at which point all litigation will be conducted in the State of Tennessee and trial by jury is hereby waived; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual and reasonable out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Game, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual and reasonable out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased are hereby waived. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Game, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Tennessee without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Tennessee or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Tennessee. Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for any typographical/other errors in entries. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims for only un-awarded prizes. If any one or more of the provisions hereof shall for any reason be held invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision hereof.
8. PROMOTION MATERIALS: Only original materials with Series FRE-04 printed on them are valid for this Promotion. All Promotion materials will be rejected and judged VOID if not legitimately obtained through authorized channels and verified by an authorized store representative, or if any part of any game ticket is illegible, altered, mutilated, defaced, tampered with, forged, contains printing, seeding, mechanical, or other errors, or is irregular in any way. Sole liability for any irregular game tickets will be limited to replacement with another randomly selected game ticket while supplies last. Any attempt to defraud or forge any Promotion materials in any way will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. This promotion is offered in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas, and all its parts are VOID elsewhere or where taxed or prohibited by law. No more than the number of advertised prizes in the Official Rules in any prize category will be awarded. If a printing, seeding, mechanical, or any other error causes the number of prize claims in any prize category(s) to exceed the number of prizes set forth in that category in the Official Rules, a random drawing will be conducted from all eligible entries in that category, to award the total number of prizes that are advertised in that category. Team Member game materials and promotion materials are not valid for the Customer promotion.
9. WINNERS LIST: The names of the Major Prize winners with $600 value or greater may be obtained at the conclusion of the Promotion by sending a first class stamped, selfaddressed envelope to: fred's EXPLORE THE STORE™ Scratch & Win Game Winners, P. O. Box 813368, Smyrna, GA 30081. Requests must be received by November 28, 2014.
10. ENDING OF PROMOTION: The scheduled termination date is October 4, 2014. This Promotion ends on the scheduled termination date or the date on which all game tickets are distributed. All prizes not claimed by October 18, 2014, are forfeited. Unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded. 11. GAME DELAY/EXTENSION: The Sponsor may delay the Promotion commencement date and thereafter extend the Promotion period, if such commencement is delayed by a cause which is beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor. Sponsor also reserves the right, without prior notice and at any time, to terminate the Game, in whole or in part, or modify, suspend or extend the Game in any way, or deem the affected Game Tickets void and invalid if it determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that the Game Ticket in question reflects printing or other errors or if it determines, in its sole and absolute discretion that the Game is impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions (including, without limitation, glitches or printing or production errors) have destroyed or severely undermined the proper play, integrity, and/or feasibility of the Game. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Game as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made health epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state, provincial or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor's control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the Game.
12. PARTICIPATING STORES: This Promotion is being conducted in 642 participating fred's Store locations operating under the names of fred's in the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas.
13. GAME TICKETS DISTRIBUTED: A total of 25,704,000 game tickets will be distributed in the participating fred's store locations.
14. ODDS: Odds are based on getting the one rare game ticket.
©2014 CPS, Inc.